23 May 2006

Can I wash its mouth out with soap?

Turns out Bachman's is the place to go if you want your kids to learn some colorful language. We were in the cut flower/gift area yesterday afternoon when Katherine nudged me and said, "There are some naughty words here." Sure enough, clearly visible at a distance of twenty feet were a couple of gag gift items with the words "bitch" and "ass" printed on them. There's sometimes a fine line between protecting innocence and the realities of the world, but I don't think I need my kids seeing that kind of crassness at the flower shop. And if that weren't enough, the customer next to us at the counter exclaimed "Sh**!" quite audibly several times upon hearing the total for her purchase. Nice.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?