31 May 2006

"Celebrity" update

Oooh, so close! We had a Baywatch "star" but it was not David Hasselhoff. And boy did I feel stupid when Paul had to correct me after I confused Tim Meadows (of SNL fame) for Tim Reid (of WKRP fame). Tonight's Game Show Marathon episode was The Price Is Right (TPIR for you hard core fans). There was even a home appliance has-been on the show--the Salad Shooter.

Speaking of bygone celebrities, I think the only way you could be a Gen-Xer and solve 57-across (Bombay-born dancer Juliet) in this week's New York Times Sunday crossword was if you watched Love Boat as a youngster. I'm sure you all remember Juliet PROWSE--the leggy passenger who was able to wrangle a wedding ring out of Doc, the ship's womanizer. I'm surprised the Screen Actor's Guild hasn't insisted that a show like Love Boat remain on the air in perpetuity. How else are washed-up actors supposed to make a living? Other than appearing on American Idol and Game Show Marathon that is.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?