07 May 2006

Reek

When I was a teen, I couldn't imagine life after 40 being much fun (jury's still out) and used to say that when I turned the big 4-0 I was going to Africa to catch malaria and die. It became a little joke in the family and has recently resurfaced due to my approximation to middle age. This morning, however, I found out that our senior minister's college-age son has contracted malaria in Nairobi. Thankfully he's going to be o.k.

Vocab lesson #2. After spending a little time in the bathroom, Paul came out and told William, "It smells like a flower in there." William went in and replied, "It smells like a reek!" Paul and I had a good laugh about that one only to later find out that reek is indeed also a noun. Unbeknownst to him, William had the last laugh.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?