28 June 2006

Animals, mac & cheese, and party

This morning I saw a blue heron on my run (yes, I've upgraded). One of the benefits of living near the creek is the wildlife. The heron's not that unusual, but some of the more surprising sightings have been a deer, a fox, and a beaver. Tonight I went for a walk and saw a mother wood duck and her babies. I doubled up on the exercise having found out today that I need 60 minutes of activity daily to achieve weight loss. Bummer.

Mr. FizzyLizzy and I like homemade mac & cheese for dinner, but our children have eschewed any version save the blue box variety. I tried my fourth recipe of mac & cheese tonight, which was also rejected. I surrender. I will make the one Paul & I like the best--damn the children.

Whoo-hoo! We have received our Fourth of July invitation for this year! It should be a great time as always. I'm easy--as long as they have something along the lines of that adult slushy beverage they had last year.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?