03 June 2006

Hedonism

During the walk we took today, Katherine said, "I'm dying from hedonism."

While we were having fun, I'm not sure how she came to believe that hedonism is something akin to heat stroke. I can, however, provide some background on how that word entered our family's vocabulary. Please bear with me. There is or was an all-inclusive island resort in the Caribbean called Hedonism. As you might guess from the name, this is a resort for singles. Some friends once told us about someone they knew who went there after being dumped by his girlfriend. One particularly memorable story was of this guy signing up for a clothing-optional boat excursion and the only other people who showed up were all guys. Fast forward several years. As parents striving to find the right balance between fun and discipline, we often refer to our household as the Island of Hedonism when discipline is somewhat lacking or the treats and privileges are flowing freely. Thank you for your patience...I hope it was worth it.

I am going to miss William's old scooter.
He was hilarious riding it.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?