14 June 2006

Rise and Shine

Since I don’t have to get up at 6:30 to make someone breakfast and pack her lunch, I have no excuse not to get up at 6:30 to exercise. I haven’t run since I fractured my toe last July so I started off with a brisk walk.

I’ve known Mrs. Bickerson for a few years but only recently have we discovered our many similarities. Dedication to exercise is not one of those similarities. She runs marathons. Even though I should be concerned with my health, the only thing that can really motivate me to get out there is the vanity of wanting to “be fit” (codeword for “look how I did 20 years ago”).

Katherine will have her reading goals to meet, William will complete his kindergarten readiness checklist, I think I should step up to the plate this summer and set some goals for myself. Maybe I can get a dinner at Manny’s out of it!

Comments:
I wouldn't call it dedication. I would call it more of an act of desperation to cancel out the fact that (today's example) I just ate enough biscotti to feed the Vikings football team. (Do they eat biscotti?)
 
How many miles does it take to cancel out a McDonald's double cheeseburger extra value meal?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?