19 July 2006

Camp FizzyLizzy, Day 3

Today's Hot Topics (welcome, Kip!) was a little more lively: homophobia, coveting neighbors' wives, divorce, lesbians, women who discovered they were lesbians and got divorced, women who discovered they weren't lesbians and got married, yada yada yada.

Mrs. Bickerson was wondering if we're doing a home version of The View. While I am aware of The View's Hot Topics segment, I've never watched it and I'm not sure if ours is supposed to be inspired by theirs or what. Mr. Hot Topics (a.k.a. Huckleberry Hound) supposedly invented our H.T. and its theme song (Hot Topics sung to the jingle for Hot Pockets frozen sandwiches). Because you're all dying to know, I'll get to the bottom of it and report back tomorrow.

Since today is all about me, Jodie bought me a mango smoothie at Caribou. Thank you! Amy showed up with a nice card for me. Thank you! And not to be outdone, Mr. Huckleberry Hound disappeared for a moment then returned with a moose-head-shaped caribiner/keychain for me. And thank you! Kip was empty handed, but we'll give him a pass this time for being an H.T. virgin.

After H.T. I had to stop at home, where our power had gone out. When I called to report the outage, the automated system said it would be back on at 11:21 a.m. According to our flashing digital clocks it came back on at 11:22. I find that freaky.

For the rest of the day: unsuccessful antique hunting, made up for it with a malt chocolate vanilla swirl/pink grapefruit sorbet double dip cone, and dinner at Christos with the FL family.

Thank you to everyone for the calls and e-mails.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?