22 July 2006

One of these things is not like the other


Notice any difference in the appearance of the two t-shirts after a day at camp?

Yesterday just before leaving for camp, one of my children had a huge meltdown over the fact that he wouldn't be bringing a disposable camera to camp like his sister. Who could that be? Does a five-year-old really need to bring a camera to camp? I gave in. I can only imagine what we'll find when we get it developed.

I really needed that mid-summer breather. The last day of Camp FL was a lazy one: Hot Topics with a mango smoothie and a walk around the lake. As a lasting reminder of the last H.T. of the summer, I rammed into a sharp corner at Caribou and managed to give myself a two-inch bruise on my leg.

A few weeks before camp, a booklet titled the Parent Survival Guide arrives in the mail. It contains stuff like the camp rules and what to bring. As far as I'm concerned that's the camper survival guide. All I need to know is what time to drop them off at the bus stop.

Yesterday was the 19th anniversary of my first date with Mr. FizzyLizzy.

Looks like my man Phil isn't in it. (That would be Phil Mickelson and the British Open for those of you who don't follow golf.) Yesterday at Hot Topics Kip let it slip that the reason men fish and golf is so that the women have to do all the work. Hmm.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?