05 July 2006

Pyro show

These photos don't really do it justice. There was an awesome grand finale, not pictured here.




















I don't know about you, but instead of being frightened I always laugh at those fireworks warning videos where the mannequin's hand and/or head is blown off. However, I did run for cover once last night when balls of fire started ricocheting from the tree branches overhead.




















Can you believe I was not inebriated when this was taken? I can't. [Addendum 10:02 p.m. - I finally figured out what this reminded me of. I'm Shiva Nataraja!]




















Today I'm suffering from a little post-holiday let down. Back to the same old, same old.

Comments:
We enjoyed our fair share of fire activities in the backyard last night so I did felt awful watching the news tonight that showed how someone's entire home burned due to errant flames from fneighborhood fireworks! Someone in our neighborhood shot off your regular show-size rockets. We ooh'ed and ahh'ed from the roof of the nearby parking ramp, marveling how close they were. We never once worried about our house catching fire!

Fireworks are okay but I'd still rather watch months old Christmas trees go up in flames in a backyard campfire.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?