12 July 2006

Sometimes all we have is food



















While not Greek, my new summer favorite is iceberg lettuce, grape tomatoes, and homemade blue cheese dressing.

We currently have an overabundance of raspberries. I made raspberry sorbet on Sunday but it was not a big hit with the kids. Another mark in the mac & cheese and tomato sauce column. In order to use them up creatively, I've been perusing raspberry recipes. Raspberry pie, raspberry tart, raspberry gratin, raspberry fool, raspberry...you get the picture. For this week I think I'll try something that does not involve turning on the oven for an hour.

Comments:
That looks so, so, summery adn delicious!

I picked our first three tomatoes out of the garden yesterday and I'm SO psyched.

My summer favorite: wheat toast with mayo, peanut butter, and fresh tomato. I feel faint...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?