29 September 2006

Tales from the bookfair

Could you imagine having a job where one of your subordinates lies down on the floor and starts screaming and crying in the middle of a company gathering? You could if you had my job. Last Wednesday at the school book fair, William had a huge tantrum when I told him (nicely, mind you) that we needed to select a different book for him because the one he had chosen was too expensive. He would not leave willingly so I had to grab him by the wrist and pull him out of the room. All the way down the hall of the school he kept screaming, "I'M NOT LEAVING!!!" Other parents I know were in the hall. Teachers were coming out of their rooms to see what’s going on (and probably to make sure someone’s not being abducted). It was embarrassing for me. It was embarrassing for Katherine. The entire three-block walk home he was screaming and crying. He screamed and cried in his room for half an hour and probably would have gone on longer if I didn’t have to go up and get him so we could bring Katherine to Girl Scouts. Needless to say, William did not get a book from the book fair. And bedtime has been moved to 7:30.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?