27 October 2006

I just can't take it anymore

I know you've heard it. If you've had the TV on for 30 seconds you couldn't miss it. "We don't even give that to people from Iowa." [Re: instate college tuition] That ad makes me snicker because the intonation kinda implies there's hardly a lower class of people than Iowans. And we know that isn't true, right Mrs. Bickerson?

The other ad that marginally annoys me (as opposed to all the others that are really annoying) is the sob story where the candidate complains that while her newborn daughter had to stay in the hospital for special care, she was kicked out after 24 hours. I’d wager that a lot of new mothers, regardless of the health of their child, would rather have more than 24 hours.

What is the lesser of two evils? Campaign ads or MPR pledge week. I thought I'd found a safe haven in MPR. They figured out we're all fleeing the commercial airwaves.

I'll leave you with this tidbit from a Classical MPR DJ:
I'm surprised no one has made a film about [obscure composer]. His life was full of the kind of adventure that Hollywood is made of. He stowed away on a ship from Spain when he was twelve. And he was kicked out of the Paris Conservatory for throwing a ball through a glass window.

Wow, there's some high drama.

Comments:
The ads are terrible. There's only one positive one that I have heard a few times and I don't know who he is or what his platform is, but his ad is so different and positive and doesn't slam any opponents, I'm ready to vote for him for that reason alone!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?