11 October 2006

Jacaranda?

O.K. So I'm doing a little online pre-shopping for kids' cold weather accessories at rei.com and I come across some mittens whose color is listed as "black/jacaranda." I love color and am all for color specificity but jacaranda? It looks like white. I was curious if "jacaranda" was really something so I looked it up. Today's vocab lesson (I know you've been missing them)--

Jacaranda: any of a genus of pinnate-leaved tropical American trees of the trumpet-creeper family with showy blue flowers in pannicles.

Comments:
My brother and I used to amuse ourselves with the occasional shopping trip where we would challenge each other to come up with trippy names for colors. Jacaranda was not on our list. That's a good one though.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?