13 November 2006

I could just about spit

From the blog of Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert cartoon:

"What we need is a new way to help voters make decisions. If that ever happens, I’ll start voting. I don’t vote now because my vote would be uninformed and random. But I’d like to vote. It’s a good concept. I just need better tools."

This guy was bright enough to get his cartoon strip nationally syndicated and sell a bunch of calendars and mugs. But apparently he's not bright enough to make up his own mind about issues and candidates. It's really not that difficult to become an informed voter. I hate politics and I believe there are major flaws in the electoral process, but I do my part and then some. I attend caucuses and conventions not because I enjoy them but because I believe it is my responsibility to do so. I research all the candidates I vote for because it is my responsibility to do so. This year education funding was my hot-button issue so I voted for candidates that put it a priority in their platform. I research the Soil and Water Conservation District candidates to find out who has the background to do the job. Apparently not most voters do not since the two qualified candidates did not win. It's not that hard to Google someone, people. And Mr. Adams, since you have a blog, I'm assuming you know how to use Google. 'Nuf said.

Comments:
But maybe he just wants a quick way! I vote and I try to be informed on the candidates but I would love a database you could go to where everything was in one place, sorta. Yes/no answers would be good, too.

What do you think about the recipe idea?

http://thebickersonsblog.blogspot.com/2006/11
/what-he-said.html

When I suggested it to Gary he said all menu planning requires is a little MENU PLANNING.

And that makes me think that maybe Scott Adams and I mixed up our soul mates.

;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?