15 January 2007

The Highs and the Lows of Being Six

A big milestone for William today--he lost his first tooth. He's been awaiting this momentous event for some time now. At least once a month he would ask when he was going to lose a tooth. Of course I'm a bit sad. I'm going to miss that sweet little smile full of teeny tiny teeth.

This life-changing moment was juxtaposed by the disappointment of the results from the Easy Bake Oven he requested for Christmas. The cake, which some of you may remember, was about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch high--with the frosting. William: "On the front of the box it was gi-normous." I was pretty sure he had no concept of the realities of the E.B.O. but I thought it was so cute that he wanted it that I--or excuse me--Santa just couldn't resist.

My Easy Bake memory is of baking a "cake" for a carpenter that I had a crush on when my parents were having an addition put on in the 1970's.

Sorry for the lack of photos--our camera has been AWOL at Mr. FL's grandparents' house since Christmas.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?