03 February 2007

Brrr

I'm procrastinating doing the laundry in our 56º unheated basement. So I'm spending my time wondering about Katherine's friend's parents. One of her school friends called this morning to see if she could come over and play. They've never gotten together outside of school and uptight me thought it was a little presumptuous for her to invite herself over, but such are sometimes the manners of fourth-graders. However, when her parent(s)? dropped her off no one came to the door with her. There was no specified pick up time so four hours later we had her call her parents. Once again, the car pulls up outside and just waits for her out there. For some reason the fact that this girl's parents seem to have no interest in meeting the people who are looking after the well-being of their daughter concerns me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?