20 February 2007

Happy Shrove Tuesday

and National Pancake Day!

Is it a coincidence or not that tonight was also the annual Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper at church? Let me tell you, those Methodists sure know how to celebrate Mardi Gras. Actually it's kind of cute--the families with kids and the older folks, gathering in the church basement, eating pancakes and bacon. Of course there's whipped cream and chocolate sauce--I mean you wouldn't really be living it up if it was just the imitation maple syrup. Since our Lenten theme is "the stones cry out," the theme for the pancake supper was "rock," both the mineral kind and the musical kind. There was a band and some people dressed up as rock stars (not me). The decor was a mixture of geologic and rock and roll items. Alas, my words just don't do it justice.

Evidence that I am starting to lose my mind: One of the activities tonight was making rock puppets (don't ask). Someone at our table asked if there was a stapler and I know I had seen one so I started looking for it. I had not seen a stapler on the table. I had seen a stapler on our stairs (don't ask) earlier in the day and was having a little mental moment.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?