01 February 2007

We ended up having sesame noodles w/shredded chicken.

O.K. so, yeah. It's 5:40, I'm slicing mushrooms for braised sirloin tips, and the phone rings. Lauren's feeling a little sick; do you think you could bring Blake to basketball? What!? What!? Basketball? Yes, basketball's at 6:00. Twenty minutes, one microwave personal pizza, and one wrinkled uniform later we are at basketball.

I thought my schedule was settling down after finishing up the art program at school yesterday. I guess not as much as I thought.

While I love the art program, we had way too few volunteers this year. I ended up doing 20 classroom presentations to a total of about 350 students. The end result is that many of them remember me and I just have a vague recollection that I have seen them before. In the hallways of the school, at the grocery store, at the skating rink little kids smile and vigorously wave at me. And of course I smile and vigorously wave back.

By the way, last Saturday: Monarchs 24 - Stars 4

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?