12 April 2007

Here's the story

I'd gone to Southdale to look for a salad bowl at Crate & Barrel. But when I walked through the door of Macy's, the siren song of the Social Occasions department called to me. I was flipping through the 50% off rack when I came across the dress shown in yesterday's post. The size on the tag said "M"--strange in itself since a dress like that should have a "numbered" size. Medium isn't my size, but I took it into the dressing room anyways. It fit perfectly. Then I looked at the price tag. $249.50 on clearance (down from $330). Gulp. I thought, "Well, it's worth having the price checked at least, since $250 isn't 50% of $330." So I took it to a register. Salesclerk: "It's 90 percent off...33 dollars. Plus an extra 20 percent off if you use your Macy's card." $26.40. I've paid more than that for a t-shirt. It was a miracle. Finding that dress also saved me from my infatuation with a dress that was out of my league...























I saw this when I was out with my mom last week looking for her dress. I thought I might stalk it until it was deeply discounted. But I don't think lightning is going to strike twice.

Here's my mom's dress. After trying it on at another store with a price of over $200, she found it on sale for under $100 at Macy's.
























The junior bridesmaid dress I ordered for Katherine cost more than my mom's and mine combined.






Comments:
These dresses are all beautiful. I think you should consider a job as a personal shopper (or whatever it's called when someone hires someone to pick out good clothes for him or her).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?