05 April 2007

Murphy's Law

As I was getting ready to leave for my cousin's funeral, the thought crossed my mind: three of the four people on the school's emergency contact list are going to be at the funeral. Yes, you might have guessed it, when I turned my phone back on, there was a message from the school nurse. Katherine had a fever. Fortunately they did get hold of my mother-in-law. And by the time I got the message, Paul had already left to pick the kids up. The main thing that puzzles me though is why the nurse waited an hour after she left a message at home to try my cell phone. I would have still had my phone on had she called right away. I know because Paul called to make sure he was at the right church. And by the way, there is an inappropriate time to have your phone belt out Latin Loops. It's when the minister is having a few words with the family before a funeral.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?