28 May 2007

Patriotic blood?

Last Tuesday I gave blood for the first time ever. I'm not afraid of being stuck--if the weekly allergy shots didn't get me over that it would have been the monthly blood-lettings at my pregnancy checkups. No, my petite size and anemia as a young adult disqualified me at that time and somehow it just never dawned on me to go for it until our school held a blood drive last week. My blood is slow. The technician was even getting impatient. She was trying every trick in the book to get it to come out faster. The good news is, my blood pressure is down: 110/70--a complete mystery.

Well, whoever gets that blood is gettin' some bona fide patriot blood. My cousin's husband e-mailed me last week with the information that we have an ancestor who has been proven to be a Revolutionary War veteran. To my knowledge, that's the only U.S. war any of my progenitors have ever fought in. So Happy Memorial Day to you!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?