18 May 2007

URGENT

What would you think if this arrived in your mailbox under the subject heading "Urgent"?

If anyone was in the vicinity of the argument between two parents after this afternoon's (May 10th) music program, please call Mr. B******* [the school principal] as soon as possible. His home telephone number is...

I still don't know what really happened. The following morning another parent and I were speculating about what might have happened. Another parent, who I would normally describe as "mousy", overheard us and said, "I was one of the involved parties." She then declined to tell us what happened. That afternoon we got an e-mail from the principal:

Yesterday's e-mail was an attempt on my part to identify a witness to the argument between two parents after the music concert. I didn't mean to alarm the community. The issue between the parents has been resolved.

I guess by "resolved" he means that a girl in Katherine's class--the "mousy" woman's daughter--has moved to a different class for the rest of the year. Yikes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?