17 August 2007

Not our first trip to the ER
























So as not to gross anyone out, I'll just show this photo. Mr. W has five stitches after cutting his chin on the bottom of the swimming pool. Six-year-old boys do not like the idea of stitches. When I told him we would have to go to the doctor he started crying, "I don't want to get stitches. I don't want to get stitches."-- just like his friend who cut his foot at a track meet a few weeks ago. Alas, six-year-old boys were made for stitches. Their bravado outweighs the caution that normally prevents the rest of us from getting into stitches-potential situations. William's first trip to the ER was at 11 months--stitches then too after an ambulatory accident. Good thing this one didn't happen before the wedding.

Comments:
Ow! But now he looks pretty tough. How'd he cut his chin on the bottom? I will never forget seeing a kid jump into our city pool backwards and knock himself out by hitting his chin on the edge of the pool as he went in. He was okay but that was an exciting day for the lifegaurds! Glad W's looking so good here.
 
I've been having a hard time getting the whole story out of him--I don't know if he doesn't know how it happened or doesn't want to tell me. Katherine and he were just messing around in the shallow end of the pool.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?