25 September 2007

Glad that day's over

So. I went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in years. I'd been putting off making an appointment for several reasons but mainly because of insurance issues. I've got good teeth so cleanings seemed a bit like a luxury. Until yesterday. Three cavities. No cavities my whole 40 years then, bam, three. Way to go Fizzy "Dental Hyg" Lizzy.

So. I went to the hospital yesterday to visit a pregnant friend who was admitted for high blood pressure. They had been going to induce her on Thursday, but it turned out she was in labor. When I got there her door was closed so I asked at the desk if she was taking visitors and the nurse said "Oh yeah." So i get in there and she's lying on her side in pain and her husband is there. I said "It's Elizabeth" and I heard her say "Elizabeth who?" I think her husband recognized me at least. She figured out who it was. We're not that close so I thought it was best to just say a few kind words and ditch.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?