12 September 2007

I might as well have a dog

One of the main (but by no means only) reasons I don't want a dog is the picking up after it. This summer, however, we have picked up at least a dozen small poops from our yard--and not the part near the sidewalk either, mostly around our house. While there are a couple neighbors with small dogs that from time to time escape the confines of their yard, one would think that for the number of droppings, I would be seeing dogs running about all the time. I am starting to wonder if these could be fox droppings. It would not be unheard of as we did spot a fox here several years ago. There were also a couple of violent-looking small animal deaths in between our house and the neighbor's recently that I had blamed on a small hawk that has been seen on our block. In some ways I do hope it's a fox. That would spare me this conversation: "Excuse me, but is it possible that you're ignoring the fact that your dog is running over to our yard and pooping?" On the other hand, no one's going to curb the fox.

Addendum: those of you with dogs, does it regularly contain hair?

Comments:
Ew. No. Unless the pooper has some kind of trichotillomania-type licking problem.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?