12 September 2007

Mrs. B (not Bickerson) writes:

"I hope that I will be able to have a positive relationship with my daughter when she enters middle school."

I hope I will too, Mrs. B! Ha ha. No, I really shouldn't complain but we do have our issues. "Can I get (a dog, a cell phone, pierced ears)?" No, no, no. "Can we go to Claire's?" Not today. And my refusal to buy her clothes from Limited Too. (No offense to you L2 fans out there, but their color palate--it hurts my eyes.) I take it just one day at a time. Starting seventh grade on the cusp of thirteen will be a whole different ball game than going into fifth grade. No matter who we were as girls and are as women, we all know the bumpy road they have ahead. I want things to be easier for her than it was for me. I want to know when to step in and when to watch from the sidelines. I want her to feel that I am a safe haven for her. Whether she is ten months or ten years, I am her mother and want to love and protect her.

Comments:
This is why I LOVe to read your blog!!! My daughter is almost 3 and as a middle school teacher who still has a rough relationship with her own mother I hope I can overcome the past and focus on the growth and good. You reminded me that it is little things like post-it note schedules that can build bridges during that difficult time. Keep the wisdom coming....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?