29 October 2007

Caesar and his "date"




















No comments about my get-up please...I made it. Feel free to tease the guy next to me.

I left the party 45 minutes before Mr. Caesar here in order to relieve the grandparents from babysitting duty. While walking home I recalled something Katherine, age 3, said while on her way to trick-or-treat at the same house: "It's a long way to Rachel's house when it's Halloween and you have Cinderella shoes on." It's a long way home from Dan & Sarah's house when it's 11:30 p.m. and you're dressed as a Roman woman.

After I left, Paul was talking to a guy he knows and said, "My date left." The guy, who was quite drunk, replied, "Dude! I thought you were married!" Paul tried to explain that by "date" he meant his wife, but was pretty sure the guy wasn't connecting the dots and still thought Caesar had brought his concubine to the party.

Comments:
It suppose it IS a long walk in the Cinderella's damn shoes. How prophetic. I haven't been in a toga since my 8th grade Latin banquet. Good times. You make a pretty good-looking concubine, by he way. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?