08 October 2007

Do you think it's officially licensed?

Katherine wants to be Hermione Granger (the Harry Potter heroine) for Halloween so I was doing a little online research on creating the look. I googled "Hermione Granger costume" and guess what came up? This "se*y Hermione Granger" adult costume. Can that really be a seller? I would think that if any adult were inclined to dress like Hermione Granger for Halloween that they would not be the type of person who would buy a "s**y" costume. (Besides, don't they know that Hermione doesn't wear glasses? Duh!) Conversely, I would think that most adults inclined to buy a "se*y" costume would not know who Hermione Granger is.

While I'm on the topic of slutty--oops I meant se*y--costumes, I was appalled at the "teen" costumes advertised in the Sunday paper. I showed Paul the ad and said, "Would you let your teenage daughter wear one of these costumes?" His answer was swift and firm: "NO!!"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?