29 November 2007

Fast Food

Mrs. Bickerson's post today has inspired me to write about a couple of my "fast food" suggestions for the busy holiday season. Both can be prepared in the time it takes to make a pot of rice.

1). Trader Joe's frozen Mandarin Chicken. So well-liked that I use 1 1/2 bags per meal. I serve it with plain white rice...you could buy the frozen rice too and make it even faster. But I need to feel like I'm doing some of the cooking. ;-)

2). Tikka Masala simmer sauce from Whole Foods--it's in the refrigerated section. Just cut up a pack of chicken breasts, simmer with the sauce for 10-15 minutes. (TK, I think you liked it quite a bit when you were here last summer.) I serve it with basmati rice and Trader Joe's frozen naan (heated up, of course). The naan is huge with the kids and the Trader Joe's is the best we've found so far.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?