31 January 2008

...and we saw a dead 'possum

Yesterday was just one of those days. The car refused to start; would you at -14? And of course I needed to be up at school to make my penultimate art presentation. Fortunately, Paul hadn't left for work yet...unfortunately I couldn't find anyone to score a ride home from and walked 3 blocks in said -14 degrees. My dad brought me his car so I could do my last presentation at school, bring the art set back to the Art Institute, and pick up Katherine from her after-school activity. In the meantime, one of the parts of the art set went missing--a laminated piece of paper that they'll charge us $10 to replace--and I lost an earring that I really liked. And while driving their car back, we saw a dead opossum near my parents' house. What is it about seeing dead animals on days like that?

Things are shaping up today. It's +11. Paul got AAA to start my car this morning. The earring I lost miraculously found it's way back to me through William. And I haven't seen any dead animals. Now if I could only find that stupid piece of laminated paper...

Update 1 Feb: Art set thing has been located.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?