10 January 2008

I belong

On principal, I am against stores that want you to pay them for your loyalty by buying their "membership" cards. Included in this is Costco, which won't even allow you to give them your money until you've paid them to shop there. While I'm sure that many people save a lot of money there, Costco's image in my mind probably isn't helped by my mother-in-law, who regularly buys cakes that can serve 50 or a 20-inch-round cheesecake for family gatherings of a dozen or so. She loves Costco so much that, bewildered by my non-plussed attitude towards the store, she added me to her membership. I went there for the first time, a couple of days ago. Eh. I suppose I might be more into it if we lived nearer. (I'll just have to visit you more often, Mrs. Bickerson!) And I was disappointed in their selection of Wii games, the main purpose of my interest in going there. Well, when you see me hauling 96-bottle cases of Vitamin Water into our tiny abode...just don't say, "I told you so."

While you've probably become used to my sporadic posting, you can expect it to continue at least through the month of January, as the !#$%&* art program I run up at school is taking place this month.

Comments:
In order to fully appreciate all Costco has to offer you need a chest freezer. We realized a dream last weekend and bought a freezer. NOW we can load up on the 52-pack hotdogs and 27 pounds of frozen chicken breasts. And where did we get the freezer, you ask? Where else but Costco.
 
I have heard that their meats are good. Alas, as much as I would love to have an extra fridge in the basement, we don't have the space...yet!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?