14 February 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

The Valentine's Day I will most remember until the day I die is the one when Katherine came home from second grade with a one-pound, heart-shaped box of chocolates. A boy, misguided by his custodial grandmother, had brought in this gift for Katherine-- as well as similar ones for the teacher and the principal. (I'm sure the grandmother meant well--she just wanted to make her grandson happy and make sure he was well-liked.) Poor Katherine had no idea what to think. Of course I was a little alarmed and went to see the teacher the next day. Well, everything ended up fine and the boy had moved on to another crush by the end of the year. I suppose it'll be some lucky girl when the boy moves onto little blue boxes from Tiffany's.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?