09 April 2008

"At least 500 American Airlines flights were canceled Tuesday"

Our little group, who took two flights on American yesterday, appears to have amazingly dodged the bullet. After their delayed flight from Costa Rica to Miami, their flights to New York and Minneapolis went smoothly. And I will give a little good publicity to American here. Upon hearing that Katherine's group would probably be spending the night in the airport, the American flight attendants let them take as many blankets as they could carry off the plane. It turned out however, that they didn't need them. American ended up putting them up in a hotel (not a dump either, a Wyndham) and gave them food vouchers. I suppose that with all the bad news surrounding the airline, it was really in their best interest. But they really didn't have to considering that the group's plight was no fault of the airline.






















This is Katherine feeding a bat.

What I was not prepared for was the post-trip let down that I would experience. After feeling off-kilter for over a week, I was starting to get used to the strangeness of not having Katherine around. I keep feeling like I should be worrying about something.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?